Children who know how to a foreign language will have many advantages as they grow older. To increase the new language readers and speaker’s abilities, practice and creativity will enhance learning.St. Valentine is around the corner and I decided to make a new set of Spanish cards
for your word wall.
What can you do with these cards? These are some ideas:
Word walls cards can be used:
- To provide reference for children during their reading and writing.
- To support the teaching of important general principals about words and how they work.
- To provide a visual map to help children remember connections between words and the characteristics that will help them form categories.
- To foster reading and writing.
- To promote independence on the part of young students as they work with words in writing and reading.
- To develop a growing core of words that become part of a reading and writing vocabulary.
- the number of letters
- the number of syllables
- the number of consonants
- the number of sounds
- if they have a certain vowel
- if they have a certain rhyme
- if they begin with the same letter
Download word wall cards here