Materials: Colored erasers, colored paper squares
- Give your child a set of colored erasers with three or more different colors represented.
- Have child examine erasers.
- Discuss with child the colors of the erasers, identify each one by name
- Lay out paper squares, saying the color of each as it is layed down
- Model for child how to sort erasers by color by sorting one or two erasers, saying color name as sorting.
- Have child sort erasers by color, assisting as needed.
- Continue to reinforce color name by discussing what he or she is doing, "Yes, that is red. What color is the next one? It's green."